Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A little bit about us...

I'm the divorced mom of 5 children; 4 boys & a girl (she's the baby)ages 20, 17, 13, 8 and 7. My oldest is a college sophomore. The next two are in 11th and 7th grade and are attending public school (with some homeschooling thrown in). The youngest two are in 1st and 2nd grade and are currently being homeschooled. Our curriculum is definitely hodge podge. It's a little of this, that and some other stuff thrown in. The primary focus is to strengthen reading, writing, mathematics and logic/critical thinking/reasoning skills. The idea of homeschooling became a reality for us after I decided we needed to move to find better schools. I like the community we live in and we're close to family. My only real problem with our locale is the school system. I had the proverbial last straw incident, completed the necessary paperwork to withdraw my children, and we began homeschooling on December 10, 2007. As you can see, we're still VERY new to it all.

No comments: